Ariana Grande is one of the most followed celebrities on social media. And millions of girls say they love Ariana Grande’s smile. While it’s not realistic for fans to become patients of Ms. Grande’s cosmetic dentist, many of them want to know how they can get a smile like Ari’s. What’s the attraction?
Cosmetic Dentistry for a Perfectly Imperfect Smile
Many people who want a smile makeover ask their cosmetic dentist for perfectly even, perfectly symmetrical, perfectly white teeth. But that’s not what Ari’s smile is about. Her central incisors (front center teeth) are noticeably longer than her surrounding teeth. And the teeth on either side of her smile lack perfect shape. Her smile is bright, but not stark white. Youthful girls like the look of Ariana Grande’s teeth because they are different and natural looking, and fans want to copy it. But what should you know before asking your dentist for a smile makeover that will resemble that of your favorite celeb?
1. It Starts With a Consultation
If you’re thinking about changing your smile, it is highly recommended that you schedule a consultation with at least two accredited cosmetic dentists. Why an accredited cosmetic dentist? There are several reasons:
- Before applying for accreditation, a dentist has completed extensive post-graduate training in cosmetic dentistry and has years of experience in the field.
- Accreditation requires very high levels of clinical skill.
- Written and oral examinations and extensively documented patient cases are required by applicants.
- Highly aesthetic results are only produced by dentists who are artists and understand the tools and techniques required to achieve the results you want. Accredited cosmetic dentists are accomplished artists.
2. What to Expect
A cosmetic dentist will listen to your smile goals and provide the following input:
- How the smile you want can be achieved
- Digital models of how you’ll look with your new smile
- How your facial structure and genetics will affect your desired results
- Suggestions for a smile design that will really compliment your facial features—whether it looks similar to Ariana Grande’s smile or is an expression of your own personality
- An explanation of the cosmetic dentistry options for your smile makeover, which might involve a combination of treatments
3. Which Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment Will Be Used?
If you want a look that resembles Ariana Grande’s smile—or one that is authentically yours—the treatment you receive will vary based on your oral health, the condition, and shape of your teeth, and of course, your budget. Treatment might include one or more of the following:
- Porcelain Veneers – Customized thin wafers of porcelain are bonded to the front of your teeth. Often, your teeth must be prepared for porcelain veneers so they look natural from the gumline to the edge. Porcelain mimics natural teeth, and an accredited cosmetic dentist can produce stunning results with it.
- Dental Bonding – Cosmetic dental bonding is less expensive than porcelain veneers, but it doesn’t last as long. Still, a dentist who is an artist understands how to manipulate bonding so the color, shape, and gloss look natural. In time, bonding picks up stains and needs to be periodically polished by your cosmetic dentist and eventually replaced so it stays fresh and vibrant.
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is recommended before you receive veneers or dental bonding. The cosmetic work is then crafted to match the shade of your newly whitened teeth.
- Contouring – The skilled hands of an artistic, accredited cosmetic dentist can contour, or shape, your teeth into the desired look.
Interested in a Smile Makeover?
If you want to transform your smile with cosmetic dentistry, don’t schedule an appointment with a dentist and insist on a certain look or treatment. Schedule a consultation with an accredited cosmetic dentist to discuss your goals, your options, and the results you can expect. You will get amazing results that just might give Ariana Grande’s smile a little competition.
This post is sponsored by Dr. Michael Szarek, a Lowell MA dentist who is accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
If you’re interested in new trends in cosmetic dentistry, read about San Diego Bioclear—a technique that improves tooth shape, spacing, and color.