Dental flipper to make teeth look straighter?



I have crooked teeth but can’t afford braces. I am wondering if there is a way I could get some kind of flipper that could go over my teeth and make them look straighter?

Ava in New York

Dear Ava,

A dental flipper is a small artificial tooth made out of acrylic that is used (usually temporarily) to replace one or more missing teeth. It is not a very good option for making your existing teeth appear straighter.

What might work well for you would be a Snap-On Smile. This is an appliance that is custom-designed for each patient. You wear it over your teeth and it gives the appearance of straighter, whiter teeth.

This blog brought to you by the offices of Lowell cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael Szarek.

Categories : Snap-On Smile